One of the ETS2017 speakers in the Entrepreneur track was Tom Snyder. Tom is Executive Director of NC RIoT, a non-profit supporting Internet of Things and disruptive technology industry growth. He is co-instructor in Product Innovation Lab, a Forbes award winning multi-disciplinary course in Innovation and Entrepreneurship at NC State.
- The 4th Industrial Revolution is the coming Internet of Things (IoT) wave, which puts intelligence in every object
- A wave worth billions of dollars, with trillions of tiny chips in/on physical objects that are embedded with electronics, software, sensors, and network connectivity that enables these objects to collect and exchange data, often without human intervention.
- We are moving from an era driven by miniaturization to nanotechnology, where the COLLECTIVE memory of the entire country of Sweden can be stored for less than $4 billion, and will continue to decrease.
- In India, 1GB of data is worth I Rupee, which today is worth 1.5 US cents.
- Sensors are now nearly invisible and are EVERYWHERE. In our forest, in our farms, in our oceans, tracking things like park usage, plant by plant care.
- The opportunities coming from IoT use in environmental applications is enormous and will only increase with time and can have hugely important and significant impacts on modern life today.
A few select slides from his presentation are displayed in the slider below. Click the button to download the presentation.