Dwight Seal, Western District Manager for the NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, spoke during lunch at the EnviroTech Summit 2017. Dwight talked about how their department switched from paper forms to eForms by adopting Mi-Co’s software technology, and the impact of this switch.
Summary of Presentation
Here are some key takeaways from Dwight’s presentation:
- His department was an early adopter of electronic forms, having done started this effort in 2007
- They standardized on Mi-Co’s software platform. Mi-Co is a software company based in Durham NC
- Instead of using paper forms, nbow they use tablet PCs, iPads, and smartphones for data collection
- Their electronic forms include drop boxes, business rules, auto population of fields, hand-writing recognition, and attachments including photograph capture
- They can develop their own forms and tweak existing forms on their own
- By switching from paper to an e-Forms solution, they have saved approximately $270K total so far to date
A few slides from his presentation are displayed in the slider below. Click the button to download Dwight’s presentation.