Sly Barisic spoke at ETS2017 about visual documentation for field data gathering/data collection. Example use cases include due diligence, environmental investigations, and any other field-related work where photographs are captured regularly to document site activities. Sly is the Founder and CEO of FotoIN Mobile, a company he founded which provides a mobile first, patent-pending technology that automates business photo documentation process end-to-end and provides visual verification of completed field work through embedded field data within photos and forms.
Summary of Presentation
Some key takeaways from Sly’s presentation are mentioned below:
- Taking pictures and making reports takes a lot of time and often excludes important information.
- Decrease the number of options for the field user by paying attention to the organizational design.
- Minimize time developing the report by pre-setting general information applicable to the projects.
- Integrate your application with existing software, such as Citrix Sharefile, Egnyte, Box, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Find additional applications for your software, FotoIn Mobile is not just for construction and field projects, it can also be used for interior design or other areas.
A few slides from his presentation are displayed in the slider below. Click the button to download Sly’s presentation.